Siobhan Magnus shows her Goth side
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
Siobhan Magnus has been showing her Goth side with the tattoo she sported on her upper arm on American Idol this week.
The Gashleycrumb Tinies tattoo (above) by Edward Gorey shows a skeleton surrounded by little kids. It was inspired by Gorey's dark rhyming tale of 26 kids all with names from A to Z who die in bad circumstances.
Gorey, who like Siobhan was from Cape Cod has become an iconic figure in the Goth subculture according to Wikipedia.He is most famous for creating the animated opening for the 'Mystery! series on PBS.
Events themed on his works and decorated in his characteristic style are common in the Goth subculture, notably the costumed Edwardian costume balls held annually in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Now Siobhan has created a whole new interest in the reclusive Gorey who died in 2000 and whose home is still preserved on Cape Cod.
Even Siobhan's choice of song last week 'Paint it Black' is also a dark tale about Goth-type themes.