Siobhan Magnus kicks back at bully Simon Cowell on 'American Idol'
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
He said that her performance was “terrible”, “erratic” and even said that she had lost who she was.
Siobhan did not take this lying down. She hit back and said “Even I can’t pinpoint who I am. I’m not just one type of singer.”
Though Siobhan fought back against Cowell’s comments he was not the only judge who felt that way about her version of Elvis’ “Suspicious Minds”. “Siobhan has two voices,” said Kara DioGuardi. “It’s confusing for me. I wasn’t crazy about it.”
Randy Jackson complimented Siobhan’s brave choice of song. He said “You took a chance, took couple of risks.” Let’s hope these risks pay off.
Siobhan’s outfit this week is also going to raise some eyebrows amongst the fashionistas. They have already started a campaign against her dress sense. This week Siobhan recreated a female version of Elvis’ flashy famous white suit, including the very big hair.
Her style most certainly didn’t impress Mr Cowell. He said ““You looked like you stepped into a time machine and came back in 20 years time.”
Ellen DeGeneres was the only judge this week that came down on Siobhan’s side. She, simply, said “You look fabulous. You’re great.”
This week’s mentor was Adam Lambert, the massively successful runner-up from last year’s American Idol competition. Earlier this week the Boston Globe compared Siobhan’s “kooky” style to Adam’s. But even he didn’t fall in love with her performance. He said “She’s got the pipes but it feels a little sleepy.”
However when asked about being compared to Siobhan he said “It’s a great compliment. She’s very talented.”
It was a rocky beginning to this week's competition. All will be revealed tomorrow.