Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Singing sensation Susan Boyle shows her Irish roots - travels to Ireland and has a passion for Guinness
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 08:50 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
The weekend, Subo, who has been keeping a low profile of late, was spotted at the bar of the Halfway House in the tiny village of Burnfoot, County Donegal – where she ordered Guinness and a hearty sandwich.
Local customers were agog when the international singing sensation stepped into the pub on a cold Sunday afternoon.
True to form though, the singer made friends by posing for pictures and signing autographs before finally settling down to her lunch.
Susan Boyle says she has ‘laid her demons to rest’
Susan Boyle’s ‘Someone to Watch Over Me’ Boyle-ing with dullness - VIDEO
'I Dreamed A Dream' singer Susan Boyle wants a tent for Christmas
In a report on Deadline News, Martina Long, sister of the pub’s owner, said: 'We went straight down to the bar when we got a call to say Susan Boyle had come in. She was lovely. She had a sandwich and a half pint of Guinness and chatted away to everyone. She signed autographs and stood for photos. She was very nice. Word got about pretty quickly and within minutes the crowd in the bar had doubled.'
Boyle reportedly wore a white cable-knit jumper and a green scarf as she toured the scenic Inishowen peninsula with two other unidentified women and a man.
Later, the visitors stopped into the Lake of Shadows Hotel in the town of Buncrana for dinner.
Breedge Doherty, the hotel manager, told the press: 'She was chatting away to people in the bar and was very nice to everyone.'
It's not her first time in the county or in Ireland. Previously, Boyle has participated in pilgrimages to Knock shrine in County Mayo and to her parents original homesteads in County Donegal.
Susan Boyle - "Autumn Leaves":
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...