Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Singing sensation Susan Boyle shows her Irish roots - travels to Ireland and has a passion for Guinness
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 08:50 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
The weekend, Subo, who has been keeping a low profile of late, was spotted at the bar of the Halfway House in the tiny village of Burnfoot, County Donegal – where she ordered Guinness and a hearty sandwich.
Local customers were agog when the international singing sensation stepped into the pub on a cold Sunday afternoon.
True to form though, the singer made friends by posing for pictures and signing autographs before finally settling down to her lunch.
Susan Boyle says she has ‘laid her demons to rest’
Susan Boyle’s ‘Someone to Watch Over Me’ Boyle-ing with dullness - VIDEO
'I Dreamed A Dream' singer Susan Boyle wants a tent for Christmas
In a report on Deadline News, Martina Long, sister of the pub’s owner, said: 'We went straight down to the bar when we got a call to say Susan Boyle had come in. She was lovely. She had a sandwich and a half pint of Guinness and chatted away to everyone. She signed autographs and stood for photos. She was very nice. Word got about pretty quickly and within minutes the crowd in the bar had doubled.'
Boyle reportedly wore a white cable-knit jumper and a green scarf as she toured the scenic Inishowen peninsula with two other unidentified women and a man.
Later, the visitors stopped into the Lake of Shadows Hotel in the town of Buncrana for dinner.
Breedge Doherty, the hotel manager, told the press: 'She was chatting away to people in the bar and was very nice to everyone.'
It's not her first time in the county or in Ireland. Previously, Boyle has participated in pilgrimages to Knock shrine in County Mayo and to her parents original homesteads in County Donegal.
Susan Boyle - "Autumn Leaves":
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...