Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Singer Morrisey compares Queen Elizabeth to Gadaffi, says gives Northern Ireland back to the Irish
Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 05:38 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
English performer Morrisey, whose parents were Irish immigrants, has slammed Queen Elizabeth's visit to Ireland describing her as akin to Libyan ruler Muammar Gadaffi.
Morrisey who played with The Smiths made his remarks in a Hot Press magazine interview.
‘The very existence of the Queen and her now enormous family – all supported by the British taxpayer whether the British taxpayer likes it or not – is entirely against any notion of democracy, and is against freedom of speech.
‘For a broad historical view of what the Queen is and how she “rules”, examine Gaddafi or Mubarak, and see if you can spot any difference.’
" The message from the Queen will be the same as ever: who we are born to is more important than what we achieve in life.’
‘The Queen also has the power to give back the six counties to the Irish people, allowing Ireland to be a nation once again.
‘The fact that she has not done so is Fascism in full flow. What else could it be? Name one other European country that is controlled by its neighbour?"