Sinead O'Connor tells Miley Cyrus not allow herself to be ‘prostituted’ by the music industry (VIDEOS)
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
|Sinead O'Connor & Miley Cyrus|
The 46-year-old singer has responded to the 'Wrecking Ball' star's recent revelation she modelled the controversial video for her song after Sinead's 'Nothing Compares 2 U' visual, insisting her provocative antics of late will "harm" her in the "long run".
In an open letter on her official website, Sinead pleads with Miley, 20, to let her talent speak for itself and not shed her clothes in order to get away from her child-friendly Hannah Montana image.
She wrote: "I am extremely concerned for you that those around you have led you to believe, or encouraged you in your own belief, that it is in any way 'cool' to be naked and licking sledgehammers in your videos.
"The music business doesn't give a s**t about you, or any of us. They will prostitute you for all you are worth and cleverly make you think it's what YOU wanted ... and when you end up in rehab as a result of being prostituted, 'they' will be sunning themselves on their yachts in Antigua, which they bought by selling your body and you will find yourself very alone."
Sinead also tells Miley - who caused outrage by twerking in a latex bikini while rubbing herself with a foam finger at the MTV Video Music Awards in August - she doesn't need the scantily clad theatrics to be successful.
She continued: "You are worth more than your body or your sexual appeal. You have enough talent that you don't need to let the music business make a prostitute of you. Please in future say no when you are asked to prostitute yourself."
The musician also argues the former 'Hannah Montana' child star is sending a "dangerous" message to her fans with her sexually charged image
She added: "Whether we like it or not, us females in the industry are role models and as such we have to be extremely careful what messages we send to other women. The message you keep sending is that it's somehow cool to be prostituted ... it's so not cool, Miley. It's dangerous. Women are to be valued for so much more than their sexuality."
Here are Miley’s “Wrecking Ball” and Sinead’s “Nothing Compares 2 U” videos.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...