Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sinead O'Connor believes sex is "godly"
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 at 07:29 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
The 'Nothing Compares 2 U' singer - who has previously hit out at the Catholic Church, ripping up a picture of the Pope on live television - admits she has a "filthy" side but does not believe sex in any form should be "shameful".
She said: "I can talk about anything. To me, I may be rude and filthy; I'm also very sweet, and very loving and very affectionate.
"To me, sex is a godly, sacred thing. It doesn't matter, as long as it's consensual, no one gets hurt, or does anything against their will. So to me, there's nothing shameful about, you know, boning."
Despite being better known for her witty quips than for her music on occasions, Sinead admits she would not want to stop being funny because she wants to be herself.
She said: "I feel I have to be me. I understand where people are coming from when they say [it distracts from the music], but my mission in life since I became famous is to remain myself no matter f**king what."