Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Simon Cowell sends One Direction champagne to celebrate MTV Video Awards win
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 at 11:20 PM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
One Direction's record label boss Simon Cowell sent each band member a bottle of bubbly to celebrate winning three Moonmen at the MTV Video Music Awards, despite the boys being under the drinking age in the USA, according to MTV UK.
Cowell tweeted: "Congratulations 1D. I'm very proud of you. Celebrate!"
All in all, it was a great night for the boys. Niall Horan and Harry Styles each got a kiss from Katy Perry.
Niall later tweeted a pic of the smootch, writing: "@NiallOfficial: @katyperry looks like its official ... me and you."
Ms. Perry responded by tweeting: "I'll be your Mrs. Robinson..."
One Direction won awards for Best Pop Video, Most Share-Worthy Video and Best New Artist.