Shannen Doherty voted off 'Dancing With The Stars'
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
What on Earth, America? You eliminated Shannen Doherty last night? Seriously? In a shocking turn of events last night it turned out that Shannen Doherty's stay on Dancing With the Stars wasn't so charmed. She's the first celebrity to be voted off this season.
She took it on the chin though. Doherty says she's an actress and dancing really isn't her 'thing.' But even if Doherty had stayed on, her professional partner Mark Ballas would have had to bow out. He hurt his knee quite seriously during rehearsals and may be sidelined for up to six weeks.
Doherty, 38, the Irish American actress who shot to fame as troubled teen Brenda Walsh on the popular television series Beverly Hills, 90210 and later as the bewitching Prue Halliwell on Charmed, seemed unsurprised by the vote.
Shannen found herself in the bottom two alongside Baywatch star Pamela Anderson, but the viewers opted to save Anderson over the Charmed actress. On hearing the news, Doherty revealed her professional partner, Mark Ballas, was nursing a serious injury which would have prevented him from continuing on the series.
She said: “I think dancing isn’t really my thing. I’m an actor and it’s what I love to do. I did this for my dad and I did exactly what I wanted and I think it’s kind of fate that my partner is hurt and he’s out for six weeks and, to be honest, I wouldn’t want to go on without Mark.”
Here is Shannen dancing:
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...