Shannen Doherty voted off 'Dancing With The Stars'
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
What on Earth, America? You eliminated Shannen Doherty last night? Seriously? In a shocking turn of events last night it turned out that Shannen Doherty's stay on Dancing With the Stars wasn't so charmed. She's the first celebrity to be voted off this season.
She took it on the chin though. Doherty says she's an actress and dancing really isn't her 'thing.' But even if Doherty had stayed on, her professional partner Mark Ballas would have had to bow out. He hurt his knee quite seriously during rehearsals and may be sidelined for up to six weeks.
Doherty, 38, the Irish American actress who shot to fame as troubled teen Brenda Walsh on the popular television series Beverly Hills, 90210 and later as the bewitching Prue Halliwell on Charmed, seemed unsurprised by the vote.
Shannen found herself in the bottom two alongside Baywatch star Pamela Anderson, but the viewers opted to save Anderson over the Charmed actress. On hearing the news, Doherty revealed her professional partner, Mark Ballas, was nursing a serious injury which would have prevented him from continuing on the series.
She said: “I think dancing isn’t really my thing. I’m an actor and it’s what I love to do. I did this for my dad and I did exactly what I wanted and I think it’s kind of fate that my partner is hurt and he’s out for six weeks and, to be honest, I wouldn’t want to go on without Mark.”
Here is Shannen dancing: