Shannen Doherty Goes web-side
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
Actress Shannen Doherty who recently stared on "Dancing with the Stars" is finding her way back to fame this time by using the Internet as a medium to do so.
Doherty, 39, is the voice of school age twins - Mari and Kari - who are polar opposites in this eight episode horror series that premiers today on Fearnet.com - the name of the show is Mari Kari and each episode is about one to two minutes long.
It's a tongue-in-cheek series based on the Japanese anime.
"The web's ... definitely an area I've been looking to get into," Doherty tells TVGuide.com.
"I think it's an interesting way to view content. It doesn't cost a lot of money and you don't have to go through [red tape] to get your projects out there. I think before there was a stigma about doing things online and people were maybe [hesitant] about it, but it's really come into its own the past few years. It's definitely the future."
About her new role she said, "It's funny because I originally thought that Mari was going to be the harder voice to do because she is so super bubbly and kind of annoying. Everything's like [high-pitched] 'Oh my God!'" Doherty says.
"I thought, 'Ugh! How am I going to do this?' ... She ended up being much easier than Kari to be honest. Although Kari is my voice, she's not my voice because it's even deeper and raspier and more deadpanned. There are not a lot of voice inflections or emotional inflections at all. I found her to be a little bit more difficult and a bit of a bummer, actually, especially after doing Mari."
Another plus about this new project- "There's no hair and makeup time!" she says.
"I'm notorious for [getting] annoyed and impatient in a makeup chair. ... It was amazing going in and working for a day, doing eight episodes in a day, and having no hair and makeup time. I went in jeans and T-shirt. I was thrilled about it!"
Be the first to make a comment.
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...