Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Selena Gomez credits Taylor Swift with helping her though her split with Justin Bieber
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 at 08:34 AM
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
- Denise Richards has retained custody of Brooke Mueller and Charlie Sheen's sons
She said: “Taylor is one of the most inspirational, positive, good-hearted people I know. I think she’s been a big part of me staying who I am, too.
“I’ve been through a lot in the past few months. It’s been weird and sad and cool.”
While Selena, 20, and Taylor are both high profile singers, Selena previously revealed they never discuss their careers but instead talk about family or boyfriend issues.
She explained: "We have both experienced the same things at the same time ... But we've never once talked about our industry.
"She just became the person I'd go to for an issue with my family or boyfriend. It's so hard to trust girls, so I'm lucky to have her."
Taylor previously revealed she only talks to her celebrity friends about guys.
She explained: "I don't tend to spend a lot of money on the big things, like cars but I'll rent a house on the beach or something, bring my girlfriends.
"We never talk about fashion, about career, about our ambitions or our projects. We just talk about relationships, feelings, love, and boys."