Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sean Penn is 'exciting and difficult' to be married to
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2011 at 08:52 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Robin Wright and ex-husband Sean Penn (EOnline/AP Photo/Chris Pizzello)|
She said: "I would use the words ‘definitely never boring’ to describe our marriage. It was exciting and difficult. I spent most of my life with this person.”
The couple have two children, daughter Dylan Frances, 20, and son Hopper Jack, 18, and Robin is now planning to concentrate on raising them and her movie career rather than looking for love again.
She added to The Times newspaper: "Would I Marry again? No. But never say never. Why marry? It’s a beautiful fortress, but I don’t need it.”
Robin is returning to mainstream films in 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' after a period spent tending to her family, which gave her valuable life experience.
She added: "It wasn’t a premeditated thought — ‘I’m going to stop my career in mainstream films’ — it just wasn’t a priority. The children were my world. Being a parent makes you look at your authentic self much faster than you would normally. Having children is like taking a truth serum. We all unintentionally screw up our children: it’s a learning curve.”