Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sean Penn has accepted the job of "ambassador at large" for the Caribbean nation of Haiti
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 09:19 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Sean Penn working in Haiti|
Picking up a humanitarian award for his work in Haiti, he told the crowd: "I do accept [the job]," before adding it would be nice to be "called, 'Hey Mr. Ambassador.' "
The event raised $5 million for the troubled country, with an auction taking place which saw Damien Rice spend $475,000 on a guitar owned by Bono and Julia Roberts' husband Danny Moder placing a $50,000 bid on a trip to Hawaii with Sean.
More celebrity news from IrishCentral
Fine Gael students in Cork propose honor for Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher
George Clooney pokes fun at Irish actor Michael Fassbender’s naked scenes - VIDEO
Other celebrities who attended the event included Demi Moore - who took along daughter Rumer - Mel Gibson, Kim Kardashian, Hilary Swank, Orlando Bloom, George Clooney and James Gandolfini.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also made an appearance at the Montague Hotel in Beverly Hills.