Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sean Penn has accepted the job of "ambassador at large" for the Caribbean nation of Haiti
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 09:19 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|Sean Penn working in Haiti|
Picking up a humanitarian award for his work in Haiti, he told the crowd: "I do accept [the job]," before adding it would be nice to be "called, 'Hey Mr. Ambassador.' "
The event raised $5 million for the troubled country, with an auction taking place which saw Damien Rice spend $475,000 on a guitar owned by Bono and Julia Roberts' husband Danny Moder placing a $50,000 bid on a trip to Hawaii with Sean.
More celebrity news from IrishCentral
Fine Gael students in Cork propose honor for Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher
George Clooney pokes fun at Irish actor Michael Fassbender’s naked scenes - VIDEO
Other celebrities who attended the event included Demi Moore - who took along daughter Rumer - Mel Gibson, Kim Kardashian, Hilary Swank, Orlando Bloom, George Clooney and James Gandolfini.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also made an appearance at the Montague Hotel in Beverly Hills.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...