Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Sarah Jessica Parker doesn't care about big New Year's Eve parties
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 at 07:11 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
|Sarah Jessica Parker (Google Images)|
The 'New Year's Eve' actress – who has children James, nine, and two-year-old twins Marion and Tabitha with husband Matthew Broderick – insists she is only concerned about being with her loved ones to mark the turning of the year, rather than being part of a big celebration.
She said: "It's not radical, no big celebrations, just being with people that you know and love.
"It's just friends and sometimes family, not always."
Despite her fame, the 46-year-old actress insists she is still able to lead a normal life.
She said: "My life has changed in some ways, but living in New York, you're out on the street every day.
"I go to the grocery store on my own, I take my children to school, I find a cab, I jump on the subway..."
Irish New Year traditions that span the centuries
Lady Gaga to lead the New Year’s Eve countdown in New York’s Times Square
The Great IrishCentral 2011 Irish IQ quiz
In 'New Year's Eve', Sarah Jessica plays a single mother and while she relates to some aspects of her character, others were very different.
She explained: "I can certainly relate to the kind of care and concern that she feels about her daughter but right now my children very much want me around.
"They're interested in my presence, whereas my character's daughter is really illustrating quite clearly that she wants to be an independent person."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...