Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Saoirse Ronan’s dad reads her scripts before her to check they aren’t too explicit
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2011 at 09:14 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
The 17-year-old star has received praise for the mature nature of her acting – appearing in films including ‘Atonement’ and ‘The Lovely Bones’ – but her father always makes sure he discusses any potential movie roles with her before she accepts an offer.
She explained: "My dad and I always read the scripts.
“Most of the time, he'll read it first – to see if there's anything in it that's a bit explicit. Then I'll read it afterwards and we'll discuss it.”
Saoirse has proved a sensation in Hollywood, already gaining nominations for a BAFTA, a Golden Globe and an Oscar, but despite her early success, does not feel any pressure as she becomes a grown adult.
She added: "At the age I'm at, it's a tricky time to try and figure out which is the best project for me to do.
"I've never really felt like I was a child actor. Just an actor who happened to be quite young."
‘Lovely Bones’ star Saorise Ronan wants to work with ‘Kill Bill’ director Quentin Tarantino
Saoirse Ronan to star in 'Twilight' author, Stephanie Meyer's, new movie 'The Host'
‘Hanna’ star Saoirse Ronan is homesick in Hollywood