Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Saoirse Ronan’s dad reads her scripts before her to check they aren’t too explicit
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2011 at 09:14 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
The 17-year-old star has received praise for the mature nature of her acting – appearing in films including ‘Atonement’ and ‘The Lovely Bones’ – but her father always makes sure he discusses any potential movie roles with her before she accepts an offer.
She explained: "My dad and I always read the scripts.
“Most of the time, he'll read it first – to see if there's anything in it that's a bit explicit. Then I'll read it afterwards and we'll discuss it.”
Saoirse has proved a sensation in Hollywood, already gaining nominations for a BAFTA, a Golden Globe and an Oscar, but despite her early success, does not feel any pressure as she becomes a grown adult.
She added: "At the age I'm at, it's a tricky time to try and figure out which is the best project for me to do.
"I've never really felt like I was a child actor. Just an actor who happened to be quite young."
‘Lovely Bones’ star Saorise Ronan wants to work with ‘Kill Bill’ director Quentin Tarantino
Saoirse Ronan to star in 'Twilight' author, Stephanie Meyer's, new movie 'The Host'
‘Hanna’ star Saoirse Ronan is homesick in Hollywood
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...