Ryan Reynolds is looking forward to the 'healing' of fatherhood
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
The 36-year-old actor - who married Blake Lively in September last year - is excited about the prospect of becoming a dad and the challenges parents deal with as he thinks having children is a gift.
He told Access Hollywood: "I think you do a lot of personal healing when you're parenting a child. I mean, it's a difficult job. We all know it's one of the hardest jobs in the world.
"So, I think you could kind of help heal some of the past stuff from your childhood as well as, you know, that's the gift that keeps on giving, having children. That's an amazing experience."
Ryan voiced a character in computer animated children's film 'The Croods' earlier this year and has found there are toys scattered all over his house which is younger relatives love to play with.
He added: "I have an army of nieces and nephews, so they go crazy for this stuff. I just finished 'The Croods' this year as well, and so those toys are all over our house still. My dog is obsessed with one in particular, so I have to get more."
The Hollywood hunk - whose own father Jim Reynolds is a police officer - would have followed in his footsteps if his acting career didn't hit the big time.
He told ABCnews.com: "My dad was a cop and my brother's one, that's the family business."
Be the first to make a comment.
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...