Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ryan Reynolds found filming 'Safe House' left him "a wreck"
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 09:48 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Ryan Reynolds filming for 'Safe House' (upandcomers.net)|
The Canadian actor plays CIA agent Matt Weston in the forthcoming action thriller and was very involved in his character's stunts, despite movie bosses having hired a double for his more physical scenes.
He said: "I was fighting this guy for five hours and we're finishing it later.
"The fights in this movie are really long and extensive and they're ugly and there's biting and head-butting. Canadian Kung fu, we call it.
"I keep seeing a stunt guy dressed like me but they don't seem to want to put him in. I'm a wreck, but then I get to say, 'That's me getting my ass kicked by a 300lb mercenary'."
Ryan's co-star Denzel Washington has also been involved in some gruelling action scenes and while he has found some of the stunts tricky, he insists they haven't been too scary.
He told Empire magazine: "We haven't done a scene with a page of dialogue in a month. There's a lot of running and jumping in this film, and I've got a bad knee and I got waterboarded.
"Having someone pour water down your nose when you're upside-down is a bit difficult, although the guys doing it to me were more scared than I was I think."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...