Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ryan Reynolds found filming 'Safe House' left him "a wreck"
Posted on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 at 09:48 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|Ryan Reynolds filming for 'Safe House' (upandcomers.net)|
The Canadian actor plays CIA agent Matt Weston in the forthcoming action thriller and was very involved in his character's stunts, despite movie bosses having hired a double for his more physical scenes.
He said: "I was fighting this guy for five hours and we're finishing it later.
"The fights in this movie are really long and extensive and they're ugly and there's biting and head-butting. Canadian Kung fu, we call it.
"I keep seeing a stunt guy dressed like me but they don't seem to want to put him in. I'm a wreck, but then I get to say, 'That's me getting my ass kicked by a 300lb mercenary'."
Ryan's co-star Denzel Washington has also been involved in some gruelling action scenes and while he has found some of the stunts tricky, he insists they haven't been too scary.
He told Empire magazine: "We haven't done a scene with a page of dialogue in a month. There's a lot of running and jumping in this film, and I've got a bad knee and I got waterboarded.
"Having someone pour water down your nose when you're upside-down is a bit difficult, although the guys doing it to me were more scared than I was I think."