Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ryan O'Neal's prostate cancer prognosis is reportedly "very grim"
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 09:48 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
A family insider told RadarOnline.com: "Ryan's overall prognosis is very grim. Ryan will most likely begin to suffer from excruciating bone pain, and will need to be treated aggressively with the proper medication when it gets to that point. Ryan's cancer sadly isn't curable, but his symptoms will be treated. He could choose to undergo chemotherapy if the cancer continues to grow and spread."
The 'Love Story' actor - who lost his partner Farrah Fawcett to cancer in 2009 - recently revealed he was "stunned" to be diagnosed with the disease, but he admitted feeling "fortunate" that the condition was spotted early because it will improve his chances of a full recovery.
In a statement, he said: "Recently I was diagnosed with stage four prostate cancer. Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel fortunate that it was detected early and according to my extraordinary team of doctors the prognosis is positive for a full recovery.
"I am deeply grateful for the support of my friends and family during this time, and I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...