Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ryan O'Neal blames himself for his children's problems
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2012 at 09:43 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
|Ryan O'Neal and Tatum O'Neal his daughter|
Eldest son Griffin, 47, is currently two months into a 16-month sentence for driving under the influence (DUI), while daughter Tatum recently left rehab after suffering a "cocaine relapse".
The pair's half-brother Redmond - whose mother was late actress Farrah Fawcett - is currently seeking court-ordered treatment for heroin addiction.
Ryan said: "Look, I don't give myself a break. I had four children. Only sportscaster Patrick's OK. Griffin's in prison. Redmond, who feels terrible guilt, is in rehab. Tatum, rehab. I had my own problems. Is all this my fault? I guess, yes. When his mother was dying I paid sheriffs $800 overtime to bring Redmond in chains. I keep all her mementoes in a safe to give him someday."
Ryan is preparing to release his autobiography, 'Both of Us: My Life With Farrah', chronicling his time with the 'Charlie's Angels' actress - who died of cancer in June 2009 - and he admits their relationship was not perfect, mainly due to his own insecurities.
He told the New York Post newspaper: "She and I were together on and off 18 years, and I always kept journals. Lots of information. Every night I wrote in a diary.
"Ours was a wonderful but imperfect love. I'm a semi-nice guy, but I was jealous, insecure, everything you don't want in a man. Most times I don't like me. It's all I talk about now."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...