Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ryan O'Neal begged Farrah Fawcett for forgiveness on her deathbed
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2012 at 10:30 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
Speaking on 'The View', he said: "I climbed into bed with her and I asked for forgiveness. I said please forgive me."
Ryan is currently promoting the book 'Both of Us' which he wrote about his relationship with Farrah, the mother of his 27-year-old son Redmond and says putting his thoughts down on paper was a cathartic experience.
He told 'Today' host Matt Lauer: "I'm not over her death yet. I got some relief writing the book. She loved me. She said she loved me. I couldn't write a book if she hadn't."
"I wrote it because I missed her, and it was a way to keep the line between us going. I still felt she was there when I wrote this.
"She was so strong and brave and never afraid for a minute. She always believed she'd be here on the show with us today. Now it's just me."