Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ryan O' Neal's son Griffin was arrested on charges of domestic battery on New Year's Eve
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2012 at 08:45 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
This is the latest blow for Ryan who claimed last year his family is "failing apart" after his youngest son Redmond pleaded not guilty to felony firearms and drugs charges at the LAX Airport Courthouse in August one week after Griffin was involved in a head-on car crash while reportedly under the influence of drugs.
He said: "We'll come back, we'll come back. Griffin will ll pick himself up, he'll find a way. Redmond is more of a problem. He has a real illness. We're terribly worried for him. He hasn't been in rehab for four or five months, look what's happened."
Redmond spent time in rehab in 2010 and remains on probation for an incident in 2009 where he brought narcotics onto the grounds of a jail facility while in October Griffin pleaded not guilty in October to six felony and misdemeanour counts, including driving under the influence causing injury, possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of a controlled substance.