Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Russell Crowe's estranged wife Danielle Peazer is reportedly set for a payout of up to $25 million
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 09:01 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
|Russell Crowe and Danielle Peazer (Photo: Starpulse)|
The 'Gladiator' actor announced his shock split from Danielle Peazer after nine years of marriage this weekend, and she is set for a sizable payout due to their Prenuptial agreement.
According the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper, the couple's property interests alone are worth $50 million, including a $14 million penthouse in Sydney and farmland in New South Wales. The paper estimates
Russell has made some $150 million in acting fees since he and Danielle first met 22 years ago, and he also has a number of other business interests in Sydney, including a share in Rabbitohs football club, a gym and a company which supplies restaurants with beef.
Although the exact details of the couple's Prenuptial agreement are unknown, it is thought it states Danielle would be in line for at least $15 million after they had been married for three years. It also states each of their children - Charles, eight, and Tennyson, six - would have a £3 million trust fund set up for them.
Reasons for the couple's split have not been given, but it is thought to be amicable. Rumors had circulated Danielle was getting close to her partner on the Australian version of 'Dancing With the Stars', Damian Whitewood, but she and Russell denied he was more than a friend.
The Oscar winning star's schedule could also have been a factor, as he has been in Hollywood shooting back-to-back films for some time starring in six movies scheduled for release in the next year: 'The Man with the Iron Fists', 'Les Miserables', 'Broken City', 'Man of Steel', 'Noah' and 'Winter's Tale'.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...