Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Russell Crowe was the "glue" of the 'Les Miserables' set
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 08:10 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Russell Crowe as Javert|
The actor - who plays Javert in the big screen adaptation of the famous musical - invited his castmates to his home where they bonded over drinks and songs.
Anne Hathaway - who plays Fantine in the production - said: "Russell was the glue. He was the first to say 'Why don't you come to my house? We'll have a couple of drinks and we'll sing.' "
Hugh Jackman - who plays Jean Valjean - also tried to keep the atmosphere light on set by breaking into song.
He told People magazine: "I sang 'Hallelujah' with Russell and Annie and I did a bit of an impromptu show, waiting for the rain to stop."
Despite trying to improve morale on set, Hugh - who initially shed 15 pounds for the role before eating loads to gain 30 more pounds to emulate his alter-ego's growing success - insists filming the motion picture was a "harrowing" experience.
He explained: "It was a harrowing emotional experience. But in the end, it was worth it ... I was eating anything I could. If ever there are any outtakes, there's a lot of me burping."