Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Russell Crowe had to be picked up by coastguards after getting lost kayaking
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 at 08:58 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
|Russell Crowe photographed with his rescuers|
US Coast Guard Petty Officer Robert Swieciki said the pair got lost as the sky darkened and beached their kayaks in Huntington Bay, almost 10 miles east from where they had set out.
The US Coast Guard was patrolling the area, and heard the 'Noah' star all out to them from the shore around 10pm and paddled over to the boat.
The coast guard said: "He just needed a little bit of help, he just got a little lost. It wasn't really a rescue, really, more of just giving someone a lift."
Russell - who was described as "grateful and friendly" - later thanked his rescuers on twitter.
He wrote: "Thanks to Seth and the boys from the US Coast Guard for guiding the way ... 4 hrs 30 mins, 7m. (sic)"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...
- One Direction scoops two trophies at the American Music Awards...