Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Russell Crowe had to be picked up by coastguards after getting lost kayaking
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 at 08:58 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Russell Crowe photographed with his rescuers|
US Coast Guard Petty Officer Robert Swieciki said the pair got lost as the sky darkened and beached their kayaks in Huntington Bay, almost 10 miles east from where they had set out.
The US Coast Guard was patrolling the area, and heard the 'Noah' star all out to them from the shore around 10pm and paddled over to the boat.
The coast guard said: "He just needed a little bit of help, he just got a little lost. It wasn't really a rescue, really, more of just giving someone a lift."
Russell - who was described as "grateful and friendly" - later thanked his rescuers on twitter.
He wrote: "Thanks to Seth and the boys from the US Coast Guard for guiding the way ... 4 hrs 30 mins, 7m. (sic)"