Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Russell Crowe had to be picked up by coastguards after getting lost kayaking
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 at 08:58 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Russell Crowe photographed with his rescuers|
US Coast Guard Petty Officer Robert Swieciki said the pair got lost as the sky darkened and beached their kayaks in Huntington Bay, almost 10 miles east from where they had set out.
The US Coast Guard was patrolling the area, and heard the 'Noah' star all out to them from the shore around 10pm and paddled over to the boat.
The coast guard said: "He just needed a little bit of help, he just got a little lost. It wasn't really a rescue, really, more of just giving someone a lift."
Russell - who was described as "grateful and friendly" - later thanked his rescuers on twitter.
He wrote: "Thanks to Seth and the boys from the US Coast Guard for guiding the way ... 4 hrs 30 mins, 7m. (sic)"