Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rosie O'Donnell thought she was dying when she had a heart attack
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2012 at 09:49 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
She said: "I thought about what my mother must have felt because she knew she was dying and leaving five children under 12, My two youngest are nine and 12 and I was 10 when my mother died and I hardly remember her. I remember thinking, 'This is too soon to be done.' "
However, Rosie admits the health scare was her own fault as she gorged on calorific foods and gained 20lbs when her wife Michelle Rounds was in hospital after being diagnosed with Desmoid tumours, rare growths which can damage tissues and organs.
She told People magazine: "I tossed out all my junk food, especially anything with sugar. For once it wasn't difficult to live without sweets. Those foods almost killed me. It took a heart attack for me to learn to take care of myself."