Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rosie O'Donnell thought she was dying when she had a heart attack
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2012 at 09:49 AM
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
She said: "I thought about what my mother must have felt because she knew she was dying and leaving five children under 12, My two youngest are nine and 12 and I was 10 when my mother died and I hardly remember her. I remember thinking, 'This is too soon to be done.' "
However, Rosie admits the health scare was her own fault as she gorged on calorific foods and gained 20lbs when her wife Michelle Rounds was in hospital after being diagnosed with Desmoid tumours, rare growths which can damage tissues and organs.
She told People magazine: "I tossed out all my junk food, especially anything with sugar. For once it wasn't difficult to live without sweets. Those foods almost killed me. It took a heart attack for me to learn to take care of myself."