Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rosie O'Donnell insists that Oprah Winfrey is not gay - SEE VIDEO
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 at 10:23 AM
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
- Denise Richards has retained custody of Brooke Mueller and Charlie Sheen's sons
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato got a new tattoo by Bang Bang
- Carey Mulligan and ‘The Great Gatsby’ cast dazzle on Cannes red carpet
Speaking to ABC News, talkshow host, Rosie O'Donnell has insisted that Oprah Winfrey is not gay. She said that she believes Oprah has always been honest about her life and would have no reason to lie about her sexuality.
She said "I think that she's always told the truth so why people wouldn't believe her, you know, I don't know...Anything that she says, I believe is the truth... She's not a faker in any way."
She continued: "I thought she was really great on that road trip she did with [friend] Gayle [King] when they were going into the camper and Gayle said, 'Let's spice up those lesbian rumours'.
"I was cracking up. Listen - she's pretty magnificent in every capacity and no, I don't think she's gay."
She also said that the public is not used to seeing a public, close female friendship like Oprah and Gayle's.
She said "People don't really understand or don't have the privilege of seeing a friendship between two women that is that deep. I have the same best friend that I've had since I was 3. I know the intensity of that relationship and what it feels like - to have someone you can depend on no matter what," she explained.
"So, I get it. And I don't think she was defending it as much as just answering all the speculation. She didn't seem defensive to me. If anything, it's just insulting to her integrity that people would consider that she was lying."
In a recent interview with Oprah confronted questions about her sexuality and her friendship with Gayle on an ABC special with Barbara Walters.
See the clip here:
See the clip here: