Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki deny Wozzilroy breakup
Posted on Friday, August 30, 2013 at 07:30 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy.|
Rumors spread again last weekend that the golf and tennis sweethearts, dating for more than two years, had ended their relationship, with one report claiming that Danish Woz ordered Northern Irish McIlroy to get his belongings out of her Monaco pad stat.
“They’ve been fighting like cats and dogs all year. It’s been on and off. A few weeks ago she rang Rory and told him it was over and told him to get over to Monaco to get all his stuff out of her place,” a “friend” told the Irish Sun.
Another alleged pal – what’s the saying, with friends like these …? – said Rory was the one who did the dumping. The Sunday Independent quoted the Rory source saying that Wozniacki was “utterly distraught.”
So where does the truth lie? Nowhere in between apparently, as the couple christened “Wozzilroy” went out of their way this week to deny any problems.
The rumors first started over Twitter, when R&C changed their profile shots showing them as a couple to individual ones instead. So naturally that means they’re over, right?
Wrong. “Uh-huh, yeah, it's all good. Just because we changed our Twitter profile picture doesn't mean that we're not together,” McIlroy told reporters during the Barclays tournament in New Jersey last week.
Wozniacki, meanwhile, again changed her profile pic to one featuring her famous beau. “Since my profile pic made big headlines I better change it again lol.. #dontbelieveallyoureadinpapers,” she tweeted on Sunday, following up with another photo Monday morning showing her and Rory eating breakfast with her brother Patrik.
Rory was in the audience on Tuesday afternoon watching his woman compete in the U.S. Open this week in New York against Chinese qualifier Ying-Ying Duan.
He too slammed the rumors of their demise on his Twitter account. “I'd love to know who this guy source is... Seems to pop up in the papers all the time and is wrong 99.9% of the time!” he advised.
Wozniacki, 23, spoke glowingly of McIlroy in a New York Times profile on Saturday, describing him as “pretty close to the ideal boyfriend.”
“Sometimes we enjoy playing games with the media, but usually we are pretty straightforward,” she said. “Rory and I always felt that there is no point in hiding our relationship. It just leaves room for questioning and speculating. We obviously care a lot about each other, so why hide it right?”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...