Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rooney Mara is concerned her celebrity status could affect her acting abilities
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 at 09:04 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
She said: "I want to be an actress, I didn't want to become an actress to become a celebrity at all. I think that actually hurts your ability to be a good actor, the more people know who you are the less able they are to see you as a character."
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
IrishCentral's top ten Irish mob movies - SEE VIDEOS
Demi Moore and Adam Brody set to join porn-star biopic ‘Lovelace’
Rooney is also worried that celebrity culture is "out of control" but is hopeful she won't let it damage her too much.
She added to Britain's OK! magazine: "Being a celebrity is certainly not something I ever wanted for myself, but it's obviously a reality of the business I chose to be in. It's a very bizarre part of our culture that's sort of grown out of control and hopefully won't affect me that much."
ntious. Who am I to call myself that word?"