Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rooney Mara is concerned her celebrity status could affect her acting abilities
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 at 09:04 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
She said: "I want to be an actress, I didn't want to become an actress to become a celebrity at all. I think that actually hurts your ability to be a good actor, the more people know who you are the less able they are to see you as a character."
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
IrishCentral's top ten Irish mob movies - SEE VIDEOS
Demi Moore and Adam Brody set to join porn-star biopic ‘Lovelace’
Rooney is also worried that celebrity culture is "out of control" but is hopeful she won't let it damage her too much.
She added to Britain's OK! magazine: "Being a celebrity is certainly not something I ever wanted for myself, but it's obviously a reality of the business I chose to be in. It's a very bizarre part of our culture that's sort of grown out of control and hopefully won't affect me that much."
ntious. Who am I to call myself that word?"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...