Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rooney Mara is concerned her celebrity status could affect her acting abilities
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 at 09:04 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
She said: "I want to be an actress, I didn't want to become an actress to become a celebrity at all. I think that actually hurts your ability to be a good actor, the more people know who you are the less able they are to see you as a character."
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
IrishCentral's top ten Irish mob movies - SEE VIDEOS
Demi Moore and Adam Brody set to join porn-star biopic ‘Lovelace’
Rooney is also worried that celebrity culture is "out of control" but is hopeful she won't let it damage her too much.
She added to Britain's OK! magazine: "Being a celebrity is certainly not something I ever wanted for myself, but it's obviously a reality of the business I chose to be in. It's a very bizarre part of our culture that's sort of grown out of control and hopefully won't affect me that much."
ntious. Who am I to call myself that word?"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...