Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rooney Mara had to wear a merkin for her role in ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
In an interview with the Metro.us, she revealed: “There was a lot of discussion that went into my merkin for the movie, because I was naked quite a lot. And I don’t think a lot of people will notice all of the attention that went into that. But there were a lot of discussions around that.”
One of the things the director David Fincher and the production crew wanted to get right was the colour of the intimate hair piece.
Rooney explained: “Well, you know, in the book she’s meant to have strawberry-blonde hair originally and she dyes it, so we had a special merkin made that was, you know, strawberry-blonde so that it would fit.”
The actress stars opposite Daniel Craig in the movie, which is based on the Swedish novel of the same name by Stieg Larsson.
There are two other books which make up the ‘Millennium Series’, ‘The Girl Who Played with Fire’ and ‘The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest’.
All three tomes have been made into Swedish language films.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...