Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rooney Mara had to wear a merkin for her role in ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
In an interview with the Metro.us, she revealed: “There was a lot of discussion that went into my merkin for the movie, because I was naked quite a lot. And I don’t think a lot of people will notice all of the attention that went into that. But there were a lot of discussions around that.”
One of the things the director David Fincher and the production crew wanted to get right was the colour of the intimate hair piece.
Rooney explained: “Well, you know, in the book she’s meant to have strawberry-blonde hair originally and she dyes it, so we had a special merkin made that was, you know, strawberry-blonde so that it would fit.”
The actress stars opposite Daniel Craig in the movie, which is based on the Swedish novel of the same name by Stieg Larsson.
There are two other books which make up the ‘Millennium Series’, ‘The Girl Who Played with Fire’ and ‘The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest’.
All three tomes have been made into Swedish language films.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...