Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ronan Keating won't write songs about his marriage breakdown
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 09:46 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Ronan - who has kids Jack, 13, Marie, 11, and six-year-old Ali with Yvonne - said: “I haven’t written songs about anyone.
“I’ve hurt enough people. I’ve caused enough trouble and heartache.
“I don’t want to do that on this record. I want calm. That’s where I am."
In 2009, Ronan's Boyzone bandmate Stephen Gately died suddenly from a pulmonary oedema and the singer admits his pal's passing made him more determined to live life to the full.
He said: "When Stephen died, everything changed.
"I had never lost anybody that young. It brought the rest of the band together, like brothers, and taught us all that life is so fragile. Perhaps it's a cliche, but it became important to live every day to its best."