Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ronan Keating confirms marriage break-up via Twitter account - Split set to cost singer half his $40million fortune
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2012 at 08:57 AM
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
|Ronan Keating and his wife Yvonne|
Keating confirmed via Twitter that his 14-year marriage to model Yvonne has ended.
The relationship has been rocky since 2010 revelations of the singer’s affair with a dancer.
The 35-year-old Keating tweeted: “Sadly our news is true. Thank u all for your support. Yvonne and I still love and care for each other and want to protect our kids. X.”
Yvonne had earlier tweeted: “Sadly, our marriage ended late last year. We kept this news private to give everybody involved time to adjust. Thank you for your support x.”
Currently working as a judge on the X Factor in Australia, Keating is expected to move down under permanently.
Divorce experts say the split will cost the singer at least half his $40million fortune.
Friends have spoken in the Irish media of their shock at the news.
Music producer Bill Hughes said: “I met Ronan and Yvonne in La Stampa on Christmas Eve together and they were in the best of form.
“I'm really sad because Ronan and Yvonne were terrific together.”