Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Ronan Keating confirms marriage break-up via Twitter account - Split set to cost singer half his $40million fortune
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2012 at 08:57 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|Ronan Keating and his wife Yvonne|
Keating confirmed via Twitter that his 14-year marriage to model Yvonne has ended.
The relationship has been rocky since 2010 revelations of the singer’s affair with a dancer.
The 35-year-old Keating tweeted: “Sadly our news is true. Thank u all for your support. Yvonne and I still love and care for each other and want to protect our kids. X.”
Yvonne had earlier tweeted: “Sadly, our marriage ended late last year. We kept this news private to give everybody involved time to adjust. Thank you for your support x.”
Currently working as a judge on the X Factor in Australia, Keating is expected to move down under permanently.
Divorce experts say the split will cost the singer at least half his $40million fortune.
Friends have spoken in the Irish media of their shock at the news.
Music producer Bill Hughes said: “I met Ronan and Yvonne in La Stampa on Christmas Eve together and they were in the best of form.
“I'm really sad because Ronan and Yvonne were terrific together.”
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...