Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Rod Stewart took up yoga - but gave up when he fell into his fireplace
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 09:13 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Rod Stewart talks about his attempt at yoga|
He explained in his new book 'Rod: The Autobiography': "A man came to the house to teach me the fundamentals.
"As I was attempting to master a beginner's level 'balancing table' position, I fell over into the fireplace.
"Surely if God had meant us to do yoga, he would have put our heads behind our knees."
While the 67-year-old star is known for his love of cars, he admits he is terrified of appearing on motoring shows - because his technical knowledge is so poor.
Rod - who is married to 41-year-old model Penny Lancaster - said: "Mechanically speaking, I don't really know one end from the other.
"They keep asking me to go on 'Top Gear' - but I'm worried they're going to start talking to me about camshafts and drivetrains and using words like 'torque', at which point I'd be lost."