Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robin Gibb's family have called for him to receive a knighthood for his contribution to music
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 09:57 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
|Robin and Maurice Gribb|
She told the Daily Star newspaper: "We were pushing for Robin to be knighted in the New Year's Honours List because we were very aware that he was ill. If anyone deserves one, it's him. All three of the Bee Gees should be knighted."
Hazel also reveled Robin was ready to die because he had become "trapped in his body" following his cancer battle.
She explained: "His mind was sharp but his body was weak. He was trapped in his body and long term that would have been hell for him.
"His wife Dwina takes a huge amount of comfort from that. I spoke to her and she said he had struggled for the past two and a half years.
"There were times when he'd been fine but there were also times when he was very unwell. No one wanted to see him struggle anymore."
Robin - who passed away at the age of 62 - was surrounded by his wife Dwina and children Spencer, 39, Melissa, 37 and Robin John, 28, when he died.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...