Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robin Gibb's family are planning a memorial service for him at St Paul's Cathedral, London
Posted on Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 09:57 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
A source told The Sun newspaper: "This will be the biggest send-off since the death of John Lennon.
"Robin was so very highly regarded in the industry and this will be reflected in the turnout.
"Robin's boys, Spencer and Robin-John, are also working on ideas for their dad's farewell."
Robin died from cancer of the liver and colon on Sunday aged 62.
The star's funeral will be held near Thame, Oxfordshire, where he lived with his wife Dwina.
Robin's cousin Hazel Gibb-Shacklock called for her famous relative to be posthumously knighted by Queen Elizabeth
She said: "We were pushing for Robin to be knighted in the New Year's Honours List because we were very aware that he was ill. If anyone deserves one, it's him. All three of the Bee Gees should be knighted."
Robin's twin brother, Maurice, died in 2003, leaving their elder sibling, Barry, 65, as the only surviving member of the group.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...