Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robin Gibb refused cancer scans which could have detected his cancer to go on tour
Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 09:28 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Robin Gibb (right) and the rest of his band The Bee Gees|
The cells were initially spotted after the 'How Deep is your Love' singer had an operation to remove an intestinal blockage in October 2010, but he ignored it to continue writing and performing.
Dwina told the Daily Mail newspaper: "He didn't want to stop and I said, 'Please just have the scan.' Despite all his wonderful ways,
Robin could be very stubborn and he never liked bad news - he just didn't want to know.
"He went to do a show in New Zealand as they'd just experienced an earthquake.
"Maybe it was very important for him to do that show, but it was still important for him to have his scans."
Robin toured for over two weeks in November 2010 and Dwina says when he finally did have a check up, the cancer had developed to a secondary stage, when the tumour starts to spread to nearby blood
Since Robin's death many stars and friends have paid tribute, and his brother Barry - the only remaining member of the Bee Gees - has vowed to go on a solo tour in honour of him, his twin brother and band mate
Maurice, who passed away in 2003, and younger sibling Andy, who died in 1988.
Barry said: "I will live on the music. And no matter what stage I'm standing on, my three brothers will be standing there with me."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...