Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robin Gibb is reportedly battling pneumonia after surviving colon and liver cancer
Posted on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
The 62-year-old Bee Gee’s star’s condition is said to be so serious that brother Barry, 65, has flown in from Tennessee, America, to make an emergency visit.
A source told The Sun newspaper: “They fear it may be the last time they’ll see Robin. His recovery and determination has been remarkable, but there’s been a turn for the worse.“His body’s taken a hell of a beating. The doctors fear for him but he’s determined to battle on.”
The teetotal vegan was first diagnosed with cancer in April 2011 after being admitted to hospital with abdominal pains, but just last month his son Robin-John – know as RJ - revealed the chemotherapy had wiped out all signs of the disease.
Talking about the moment he heard the news, RJ said: "I leant over the hospital bed and I kissed him on the forehead, looked him in the eyes and just said, 'I love you'."Then we sat together for ages, just taking it all in and being together without saying anything. It was the best news we could have hoped for."It was the most beautiful feeling and instantly life was so, so much better."