Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robin Gibb blames his cancer battle on his fame and fortune
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
He explained to The Sun newspaper: "I sometimes wonder if all the tragedies my family has suffered, like Andy and Maurice dying so young and everything that's happened to me recently, is a kind of karmic price we are paying for all the fame and fortune we've had.
"But we've worked hard for everything we've achieved.
Over 300 Irish a week moving to New York to find work says expert
Ireland’s most unromantic men named and shamed
"I am not and never have been at death's door. But the illness, and the untimely death of my brothers, has made me conscious of the fact that -- rather than just think about it -- it's crucial that you do today what you want to do.
"I've got a sense of urgency about life, rather than withdrawing from it and feeling depressed.
"Now I know how precious time is, and that you can't put it in the bank. So I intend to make the most of every single second of it that I've got left."
Robin - who also has a sister Lesley and brother and fellow Bee Gee member Barry - admitted the death of his twin Maurice, from complications resulting from a twisted intestine, is something he will never recover from.
He said: "Maurice was in hospital for just three days. I flew to Miami to see him and he was in a coma.
"They told Barry and I that, if Maurice didn't have any brain activity within ten minutes, he would die then and there. To our horror, we found out there was none. And Maurice died.
"How did I get over Maurice's death? I didn't. And I never will. I just don't accept it. I tell myself he's away on a long holiday and that we'll be seeing each other again soon."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...