Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robert Pattinson's life mantra is 'don't be a pu**y'
Posted on Friday, June 01, 2012 at 10:21 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
He said: "[My life mantra is] don't be a pu**y. Basically, that's the best thing you can ever think. I've had so many occasions in my life where I've acted like a pu**y and regretted it. Have you seen that Mike Tyson documentary? That bit where he says he'd defeated the guy before he's walked into the ring, it's the same thing.
"With acting, I was always so scared. But you get to the point where you realise it doesn't matter."
The decision to be braver led him star as a billionaire playboy in new movie 'Cosmopolis', but he admits it is still a struggle for him to always feel completely comfortable.
He added to Shortlist magazine: "Oh man, I was terrified on 'Cosmopolis'. There was a sex scene and I was cringing. The girl was really comfortable with her clothes off - and I'm not. She took all her clothes off and I was just sitting there going, 'Um, I haven't got my 'ball-sack' on.' F**king amazing."