Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robert Pattinson's friends and family think he has made the "right choice" to split from Kristen Stewart
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 08:52 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
|Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson|
A source said: "No one would ever have told him what to do. But some people felt he never gave himself time to deal with what happened and heal. They think he has made the right choice."
Read More: The top ten things Robert Pattinson can’t live without
The screen heartthrob is said to have finally made his mind up following a difficult Christmas in his native UK with his 'Twilight Saga' co-star Kristen and his family.
The source explained to Britain's Grazia magazine: "Rob thought it would be good for he and Kristen to visit his family in the UK over Christmas and New Year, but things were very frosty.
Check out Robert Pattinson's profile page here
"Rob's family, especially his sisters, have found it hard to forgive the hurt and humiliation Kristen has caused him."
And the 22-year-old actress also angered Robert by signing up for a 'Snow White and the Huntsman' sequel, even though Rupert won't be involved with the movie.
The source said: "Kris thought it would be fine because Rupert is no longer working on the project, but Rob didn't feel the same way. That caused a major point of tension.
However, the brunette star is still hoping her former lover will want her back.
The source said: "She's hoping this is just a temporary split."