Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robert Pattinson wishes he only worked one day a week
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 at 09:17 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
He said: "My ideal job would be one day a week. When I first started acting, I'd get one job a year that lasted three months and then I'd do nothing the rest of the time but I'd have enough money to survive.
"I'd read the papers every day, get in a lot of DVDs. That was great. I've got simple tastes."
Robert also admitted he hates having to work out and does as little as possible if it isn't necessary for a role.
Speaking of his preparations for shirtless scenes, he explained to Britain's Elle magazine: "I'll be going to the gym for four hours a day. I don't eat at all except for protein shakes.
"But I don't understand how you could maintain that all your life. After the scene's done, I don't work out again. It's a ridiculous idea that you're not a proper actor if you don't have a six-pack."