Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robert Pattinson insists he wants an amicable split from ‘Twilight’ co-star Kristen Stewart
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 08:34 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
Time was that the epic love affair between Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson was the romance of our era. On screen at least (although there are plenty who would take issue with even that).
But now that the Twilight franchise has finally rolled on, Pattinson reportedly wants to remain 'friends' with Stewart following their supposed breakup.
According to the Irish Independent, the famously on again off again relationship between the two stars, who met on the set of the first Twilight movie, has come undone.
Last year fans of the pair were appalled when Stewart admitted to an affair with the married film director Rupert Sanders. After a serious attempt to patch things up, Pattinson has reportedly decided that friendship is the only solution.
'Rob really wanted it to work but he just felt like the trust was gone,' a source told Star magazine in the UK. 'Neither of them seemed really happy and he just thought it was easier to end it for good. He was honest with her and said they had been through so much he hoped they could remain amicable.'
The pair seemed to rekindle their rocky relationship in suspiciously perfect time to promote the final Twilight blowout, Breaking Dawn – Part 2, at the end of last year. But since then? Whispers resumed when Robert attended the Golden Globe Awards on his own earlier this month.
Despite meeting up with his former flame at an after-party, the couple reportedly looked strained. Sources say the 22-year-old actress is finding the whole situation difficult to deal with.
'It’s come as a massive blow as they had been making big plans to start afresh this year,' one source told Star.
'Rob is really keen to keep everything civil and work on being friends. It would be too much to be completely without her because she is such a massive part of his life.'
See more: Irish Celebrity Gossip
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...