Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robert Pattinson denies that he’ll star in the sequel to “The Hunger Games”
Posted on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
When the rumor that Pattinson was under consideration for the role of Odair, Hunger Games fans took to Twitter to create the damning hashtag #PattinsonIsNotFinnick, which began trending instantly. It was Genertaion Y's signal to Hollywood that this was a road they didn't want the eagerly anticipated film to go down.
Pattinson himself sounded cautious about being cast in the role of the beautiful male prostitute: 'I was kind of curious for a second,' he told USA Today this week. 'So I called my agent. My agent was like, 'No. ... No one's going to offer you that part.'
Pattinson reportedly replied in an offhand manner: "I was like, thanks for the reassurance.'
It's not hard to see Pattinson playing a high priced hustler, but the Twilight star doesn't seem too disappointed he won't be cast in Catching Fire and neither do the hardcore fans of the Suzanne Collins best-selling trilogy.
'As with the first film, we won't be confirming, denying or commenting any casting rumors for this title,' a Lionsgate spokesperson told the Huffington Post. 'We will announce news wide when there is official casting news to announce.'
We won't have long to wait. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will start principal shooting later this summer. The second film will be directed by Francis Lawrence and it's set to hit theaters on November 22, 2013.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...