Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robert Pattinson became an actor for “the pretty girls”
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 at 09:30 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
He said: “I suppose it was a variety of things … the pretty girls? There was a theater around the corner from my house. I guess it was something I always wanted to do, but I thought it was pretty pretentious; I didn’t mind the kids that were acting at school but I wanted to do it secretly outside the school.
“I just liked the environment; I worked backstage for about three years and just watched everything and then I did a couple of plays and I got an agent from one of the plays, totally randomly.”
The 24-year-old actor can currently be seen starring opposite Reese Witherspoon in new romantic movie ‘Water For Elephants’ and he has admitted his favorite thing about the shoot was working with all the animals on set.
Robert - who plays a vet, Jacob Jankowski, who falls in love with Reese's character, circus performer Marlena Rosenbluth, in the movie - told The Independent newspaper: “In a lot of ways, I prefer working with animals and kids more than grown up actors. If someone else isn’t acting in the scene, it’s easier to not act. It seems like actors become almost competitive which works sometimes, but a lot of times my brain doesn’t want to do that. If I feel like I can’t beat the other actor, I just don’t do anything.”
See Robert Pattinson's profile
Robert Pattinson gets mixed reviews in 'Water for Elephants' despite huge Internet push
Robert Pattinson becomes subject in college course- SEE VIDEO