Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Robert Downey Jr did most of his own stunts in 'Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows'
Posted on Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 09:25 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
Robert Downey Jr reprises his role as the fictional British sleuth in the crime thriller and he was keen to shoot as many action sequences as he was allowed to by director Guy Ritchie.
When asked if he did his own stunts at the UK premiere of the movie, the 46-year-old actor told BANG Showbiz: "As many as I'm supposed to do, yeah."
Robert braved the rain at London's Empire Leicester Square cinema and walked the red carpet to meet fans and sign autographs.
Chocolatier Lily O’Brien launches new US website
Silent Night (Christmas 1915) - my song is a gift from above - VIDEO
Certificate of Irish Heritage is now available for Americans of Irish ancestry
The Hollywood star – who first played the detective in 2009 - insists he wasn't hurt when he did any stunts which means he will be allowed to do more when he plays Sherlock Holmes in a third movie.
He said: "I received no injuries this time … that bodes well for next time. But there were no pranks, there was no time for pranks. We were just beating each other up a lot."
Robert was joined at the premiere by his co-star Jude Law – who plays Sherlock's sidekick Dr. John Watson - director Guy and his stunning girlfriend Jacqui Ainsely and Stephen Fry, who portrays Mycroft Holmes in the movie.