Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Researchers find that Queen Elizabeth II is related to Johnny Depp
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 12:25 PM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
It has been revealed by British genealogists that the 85-year old monarch and the Hollywood heartthrob are 20th cousins. However, the claim relies heavily on an undocumented but well known marriage between Yorkshireman Richard Denton and Helen Windebank in the 1600s and so cannot be verified 100 per cent.
It has been reported that Dr. Nick Barratt said: "When I examined Johnny's history I discovered a likely connection to the royal family. I believe the balance of probability is that there is indeed a link between Depp and the royals but I doubt we'll ever be able to prove it 100 per cent."
Johnny Depp, whose latest 'Pirates of the Caribbean' saga opens in theaters Friday, who as a possible great-great-great...(continue until 20th) cousin was not invited to Prince William and Kate's wedding. The mirror reports Depp's more immediate ancestors were farmers who settled in Virginia in the 1700s, so not as far across the pond as Great Britain.
Johnny Depp set for lead role in bestselling Irish story 'The Ginger Man'
Britain's Queen Elizabeth arrives in Ireland on historic visit - PHOTOS & VIDEO
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...