Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Researchers find that Queen Elizabeth II is related to Johnny Depp
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 12:25 PM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
It has been revealed by British genealogists that the 85-year old monarch and the Hollywood heartthrob are 20th cousins. However, the claim relies heavily on an undocumented but well known marriage between Yorkshireman Richard Denton and Helen Windebank in the 1600s and so cannot be verified 100 per cent.
It has been reported that Dr. Nick Barratt said: "When I examined Johnny's history I discovered a likely connection to the royal family. I believe the balance of probability is that there is indeed a link between Depp and the royals but I doubt we'll ever be able to prove it 100 per cent."
Johnny Depp, whose latest 'Pirates of the Caribbean' saga opens in theaters Friday, who as a possible great-great-great...(continue until 20th) cousin was not invited to Prince William and Kate's wedding. The mirror reports Depp's more immediate ancestors were farmers who settled in Virginia in the 1700s, so not as far across the pond as Great Britain.
Johnny Depp set for lead role in bestselling Irish story 'The Ginger Man'
Britain's Queen Elizabeth arrives in Ireland on historic visit - PHOTOS & VIDEO