Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Redmond O' Neal's father Ryan has visited him in rehab, against his doctor's advice
Posted on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 11:10 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
A source said: "Ryan was allowed to visit, against Redmond’s doctor’s orders, as it was thought the visit would be beneficial to Redmond."
Although Redmond - who was jailed initially following his arrest because the offence marked a breach of probation set following a prior heroin possession conviction - narrowly escaped a prison sentence, friends admitted they are worried being sentenced to the rehab in West Lost Angeles is not enough.
Ryan O'Neal accused of stealing Farrah Fawcett's $30 million Andy Warhol painting
Ryan O’Neal is to write a book about his relationship with Farrah Fawcett
The source added: "Rehab might not be the best fit for Redmond. Rehab is not jail, and there are concerns about the lack of security where he is now. It's not regimented and is run much more loosely than a prison would be. Redmond needs a very strict and secure environment, the last thing he needs is someone sneaking drugs into him … Redmond doesn't grasp that his addiction to heroin could kill him."